It has been an amazing start for us.
We got an record deal as soon we released our demo and now it ’s getting better. Just wait and see. We are an really rehersal band and create many songs in the rehersal room.
2.Sweden is one of the main reference countries in Death and Thrash Metal. Nowadays how do you see the Metal scene in your country?
We have many good young and old bands here. There are too many fresh pop metal bands here but we are going to erase them all.
3. Ever since the 80s Swedish metal has been treasured but now Sweden is leading the pack. Does that fact help you in getting the band noticed?
No i dont think so. The fact that being a Swedish band automatically raises the expectations i think (which is good)and it seems like there is much tougher to break through all these high quality bands. But we will do just that.
4. There are a lot of different musical styles on Return Of Evil Chaos. To my ears it came in somewhere between thrash, heavy, and death metal, with a dose of old school speed influences. What have been your primary inspirations (either music or non-music) as you have written material?
We all have an wide music influence so there has been an mix of the best parts in metal. Our inspiration is the music and atmosphere there is in metal like King Diamond, Morbid Angel....
5. How did you approach the full-length compared to the debut demo, as far as the writing and recording was concerned? Do you think there has been any further improvement in your vocal delivery?
The full-length was amazing to record because we all knew what we wanted and we knew what we did. The singing was a bit difficult because i am never happy with my performance and know that i can do better... But in the end i am very pleased with the result.
6. How do you conceive of a song: do you start with a riff, an abstract idea, an emotion, or a structure?
It is a mix of everything. Some times Johan sings a riff in his phone and Dan create a riff off it. Sometimes one of us brings a complete song and so on.
7. When you work in the studio what kind of process do you go through? Do you come in all prepared or do you improvise?
We are very prepared but there is always some adjustments.
8. Over the past months you’ve played with a lot of different bands. What are some of the gigs that stand out the most to you?
When we played in Husqvarna the crowd there was amazing but every gig is great. People that comes to see and hear us is the outermost gift so thanks to all who shows up!
9. What are the basic criteria by which you choose the places where you would like to play live? Is it about lineup in the case of festivals, the nature of the action, or even approach of the organizers?
The lineup and the organizers are very important. We do not pay to play that many organizers think, but to answer the question correct i would say that everything counts. We love to play live but it is also important that we play at the right place for the right audience for the right reasons sort of speak.
10. You´ve recently released a split with a band from El Salvador, How did you catch the attention of Mordbid Skulls label and are you happy with the result?
Yes we are super pleased with the result and Morbid Skull. Morbid Skull liked our music and the director seem to be a great metal head like us so our priorities are similar and we pretty much agree on everything with makes our cooperation quite simple.
11. As a metalhead, I guess you enjoy to collect cool metal items. What are your jewels, and are there some demos, lps, eps, cds you are actually looking for?
No nothing in particular. I buy and listen to music and are not interested in special mega rare releases unless the songs are very good if you understand what i mean. I actually have a cool Master’s Hammer demo that is rare.
12. It might be too early, seeing as you’re working on it right now, but what can we expect from the forthcoming album?
We are writing new material right now so in the beginning of 2017. The ones who likes our music will not be disappointed but there will be a lot of surprises.
13. We have come to the last question of the interview. What are the last words for fans out there?
We will soon return with an new album! meanwhile thanks for your support and stay metal If you don’t have the split with Disorder from El Salvador just buy it!!!!