at: 15th, July 2015
"Combine the heaviest out of speed, viciousness, brutality, darkness, strength, opression and overall energy of metal music and make it enjoyable while listening. Death metal has an effect on all of your senses. "
Hello, it's the beginning of the interview, so to catch the interest of our readers could you tell us more about the passionated things that occurred in the world of INTENDED EXECUTION lately?
We've released our ep. After that, we gained publicity and attention around the world. We even shipped merch and our record to japan, the united states and norway. We never thought we would achieve that. This makes us very proud.
2. Who came up with the band's name, the logo and everything? Does it have any deeper meaning for you or did you just choose it because it sounded good?
Our vocalist and drummer thought about a proper name for a death metal band and came up with „Intended Execution“. We had a few ideas and that was the most appealing to us. We were looking for logos that people actually could read and we wannted something „artsy“.
3. What do you think of the Bavarian scene? Do you think a city’s collective attitude determines what music will emerge?
Generally we think that your habitat has a big influence on the music that you play. In our case, we were not influenced by a certain scene. There were a few local bands that impressed but it was our own ambition to make death metal. Because of all the different genres that we listen to and support, the city or the scence itself made a rather minor impression on us.
4. I am curious to know more things about your debut EP. Tell us something about the main idea of the 8 tracks. Where did you record? Did you have any problems in studio and all sorts of interesting details for our readers?
First of all, we had the aim to produce a not-self-recorded record. With that in mind, we got together and wrote songs. With our material, we went to „Redbeard Studios“ and just started recording. On our ep, you can hear our evolution over the last four years as a band, because we also picked older songs that represent us properly. So the whole ep is simply built up chronological starting with „Infernal Revenge“ as our oldest song and leading through the band´s history to finally reach our latest written track„The Unseen“. According to that the listener can also understand the progress of Intended Execution. Our first recordings were not particularly produced to impress our audience with our sound, but to provide tunes that were not recorded live. Unfortunately we also didn't have the money to hit a professional studio. If you want to check out some older material, you can look at our facebook page, where we still have tunes from the past days online.
5. Which INTENDED EXECUTION track is the more representative of your music? What's your fave track?
It's actually pretty hard to answer that question. Because each and every song on that record represents us. If we write a new song, we write with the intention that the final version of that tune will be our new favourite. That's why we are eager to play every song live and that's why every song is equally enjoyable to play. Sometimes we have tough discussions whilst songwriting and we try to satisfy everyone in the band with each having his own musical influence.
6. When you release a record how much attention do you pay to things like track order, lay out and art work? How planned is everything?
Total chaos – that's all ;). As we already mentioned, everyone of us has their own perceptions on how a record has to sound, look and feel. So we try to cope with all and in the end, the outcome represents us as an entity.
7. There’s a specific aesthetic to death metal. What does a death metal band make in your eyes?
Combine the heaviest out of speed, viciousness, brutality, darkness, strength, opression and overall energy of metal music and make it enjoyable while listening. Death metal has an effect on all of your senses.
8. With so many bands competing for attention what do you do in order to stand out and be counted? How far would you go in order to gain attention?
We have the target to incorporate every influence. So we want to create music that satisfies all the musical influences of each member. Our influences come from all kinds of different genres (Black Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Deathcore, Slam...). We find, that our music is the most important thing. It's not our goal to compete with other bands, or to buy our way up. We enjoy making the music, that we do – and if people appreciate our sound aswell, there is nothing better than that.
9. What is for you the repulsion for humankind? And how much importance "hate", "chaos" and "destruction" have in your music?
Humanity is not the most pleasent thing on this planet. The hate in our music is partially true. Of course we wouldn't go out and kill innocent people in the most demonic way. But the humankind in general is mostly interested in profit. The individuum does not really count. And that is something, that makes us really angry and we try to put a lot of that hate in our sound.
10. How would you describe INTENDED EXECUTION live? Where does the band feels the best to you, in rehearsal, studio or
The band definitely feels the best live. That's what were a band for after all. There's nothing better than feeling the energy of an audience and to let out everything that has built up inside of you. The band is a valve for all of us. And if we play live, we immediately are in a state of pure ecstasy. We try to let the aggression in our music guide us on stage. We try to deliver and feel the energy of our songs and it's really important for us to let everything go whilst playing live.